Friday, December 20, 2013

Truth

Who am I?  What am I?  I am a sensory apparatus bundled together with an organizing and interpreting organ called mind.  I am a quivering mass of cells composed of molecules consisting of atoms constituted by sub-atomic particles not a whit different or separate from the cosmos in which I live and breathe.  And all of this, cosmos, mind and body, emerge from the infinite, ineffable potential of pure consciousness.  Right?

Wrong.  In its ceaseless attempt to understand and explain, this particular mind has just conjured another apparition from "what is" like a Michelangelo carving David from a slab of marble.  It's nice, it's beautiful, and it's not reality.  Reality is one, not two, unity, not diversity, and even these thoughts and words amount to no more than imagined disturbance of imagined stasis--a breeze within a cocoon of atmosphere swallowed by the void of deep space.  

No comments:

Post a Comment